Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Package from Home!


The package of non-perishable food that I mailed from home on Saturday, January 24, arrived today. I was so excited to get the box - we are almost out of peanut butter and Ian has been out of Spongebob Cheez-its for 2 days. Our driver Mr. Zhong, carried the box in and then brushed himself off of all the crumbs. At that moment I knew it was not going to be good. The box had 3 times more tape on it than it did when it left the post office in Briarcliff Manor. And I watched as our postman gently set the box down in the pile to go out after stamping the box carefully with the FRAGILE stamp. What could have happened since then? I think the People's Republic of China decided to take a look at what exactly non-perishable food items meant. Everything in the box looks like it was hit with a sledge hammer. None of the Cheez-its resemble Spongebob. Anybody got a good recipe that calls for Cheez-it crumbs? I hate to throw them away since I spent $162 to get them here!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking you could bread some chicken with Cheez-it crumbs! So, I guess I shouldn't send more for Ian's birthday huh?

    ReplyDelete