Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Is there really only 6 channels on the TV?

Since moving to Shanghai everywhere we have been the TV has only had 6 channels. In the hotel and here in our house there are only 6 channels. So I mention to my realtor guy I was surprised there are not more than 6 channels on the TV. He said "no with satellite you get about 40 channels". So we checked the lease and we are suppose to have satellite TV, but there is no satellite - so he arranged for the guys to come today to install satellite TV. After the installation, he is explaining the remote to me and he says "whatever you do - do not press these buttons, satellite  TV is illegal and they will find out you have it if you press these buttons". Is he kidding? I have 3 small children in this house - do think for one minute that I am going to be able to keep a constant watch on them not pressing the buttons?? Ian cannot control himself around buttons - it is like they call his name. "Ian please press me". So if you don't see me update this for awhile - assume I have gone to jail for pressing the buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment