Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mr. Zhong: Should he stay or Should he go?

So we have had our driver Mr. Zhong for the last 3 weeks here in Shanghai and now we have to decide if we want to keep him and this van or choose another? This whole driver thing is obviously new to us and it is taking a while to get use to. Most drivers speak VERY little English- so Mark chose Mr. Zhong because he spoke the most English. He is pretty good at knowing where I want to go when I tell him the address, but he is not the nicest guy I have ever met. I think a big part is due to the language barrier - he only knows limited words so when he calls me and says "You go out" - it sounds rude to me, but he is really asking if I need him. When we go to pick up the boys at school, everyone is in the same blue Buick mini-van so we are all trying to find Mr. Zhong in a sea of blue vans. Lucky for us Mr. Zhong got a Hello Kitty bobble head clock for the dashboard - so now we just search for the Hello Kitty (still waiting for that purse Mom). Mr. Zhong has long nails, he is a heavy smoker (not in the van) and he burps a lot out loud! Is there better? Could there be worse? We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment