Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Health Report Results: I CAN live in China

Once again my week started off by being picked up in a weird van by people who speak very little English to take me to some building in Shanghai. I had to go get residency permits for myself and all the children. It was again like being at the DMV in New York - take a number wait in line - present your paperwork. So as we are waiting our turn the woman with me hands me my Health Examination Record. As I am opening the cover, I am hoping to see a big red stamp that says DENIED, but no such luck. As I page through the report I find out I have Sinus bradycardia and Fatty Infiltration of the Liver. So the definition of Sinus bradycardia is a heart rhythm that originates from the sinus node and has a rate of under 60 beats per minute. Of course there are different things that cause this (heredity in my case- thanks Dad) one of which is being a well-conditioned athlete - so lets just pretend it is that one.  The fatty liver was discovered when the woman was jamming the Ultrasound machine into my rib cage and saying "Release, Release". So I guess she was talking to my liver to release the fat? Their suggestions:
 1. Take proper Exercise - even though I have a heart rate of a well-conditioned athlete?
 2. Improve dietary habit - I agree since we had eaten nothing but McDonald's, Burger King, Pizza Hut, and Papa John's because we were afraid to try anything else.
3. More Rest - I would love to, but with 3 children (and the box spring I am sleeping on) it is almost impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment