Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Holy Cow

Today I finally took Kyle to the doctor for what was suppose to be his 4 month check up (he is 2 days shy of 5 months).  (IBM has been a nightmare with our medical benefits and  finally realized that Mark is not a bachelor and added his wife (me) and 3 kids to his insurance plan.) When the nurse put him on the scale she weighed him in kilograms -8.69. Then I asked her if she could switch the scale to pounds - up popped 19 pounds 12 ounces - "Holy Cow" I said.  A few minutes later the nurse said, "Um excuse me miss - what holy cow mean?" Now my mom always tells a story about many, many years ago when she was potty training me that once when I produced a success I turned looked in the potty and said "Holy Cow!" I guess I have been using the phrase ever since, but how do I explain that to a Chinese person?  So I just said, "It means Wow he is big!" 

3 comments:

  1. Pam - your grammar/spelling is priceless! Holy cow! And nice to know that Kyle is probably going to out weigh Henry by the time he is 6 months old ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle Zach says, perhaps you were trying to tell the nurse that Kyle weighed as much as a WHOLE COW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Chinese are pretty smart. They probably looked at Mark and said, "Who would want to marry that?" So they just checked him off as a bachelor. :-) Trong

    ReplyDelete