Friday, March 6, 2009

Wal-Mart Supercenter

While Kyle and I were out running errands on Friday, I am looking out the window and I spot a Wal-Mart Supercenter. The exact same sign you would see in the US. I feel myself start to get excited. Doesn't Wal-Mart go in there with baseball and apple pie? What is more American than Wal-Mart? I tell the driver "Take me to Wal-Mart". He has no idea what I am saying. He calls his wife on the cell phone and I tell her Wal-Mart - OK, OK she says. We pull up to the big blue sign and I am so excited now I practically run into the store. I enter in the plant section - beautiful flowers and plants - nice - then into the grocery area - wait why is there a woman with an axe chopping pigs feet in half in the Wal-Mart?? Why is there a lady with a wagon putting quail eggs on a non-refrigerated shelf? What are those big bloody fish heads doing in the WAL-MART! Does Sam Walton know this kind of stuff is going on in Wal-Mart? He would be turning over in his grave if he knew this was going on in a Wal-Mart. I guess he was a business man and he knows what sells in China. I made one purchase - a 6 pack of Corona from the import section. I needed one to go home and cry into.

3 comments:

  1. If blogger allows me to post, I just wanna say. .. . . . GROOOOOOOOOOSS! (Traci)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so from now on, I'll comment as Anonymous, your blog won't let me do it any other way :( We miss you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just asking Kim how things were going for you in China & she said I should read your blog. It looks like I have a lots to read.
    I complain about Wal-Mart in St Louis...but the China one sounds like my worst nightmare!

    ReplyDelete