Friday, March 13, 2009

Dress up as your favorite storybook character.


So this week at school was a book-a-thon. Nicholas had to read as many books as possible and we asked people to give him money for every book he reads (thanks for that 5RMB pledge from Grandmum and Pop)! The money goes to the Heart-to-Heart charity that helps children here in China pay for heart surgery. So all week were activities - I went to school on Monday to read books at the library with him, Thursday he brought his pajamas to school complete with Spongebob slippers to hang out and read books in and Friday was dress as your favorite storybook character. So luckily I had brought the wolf mask that I had worn when I was the Mystery Reader last year in Mrs. Smith's class. So he brought the book Mind Your Manners B.B. Wolf and I had a great costume made for him at the fabric market. He looked really cool and got lots of complements. We are going to get some really great costumes here!

3 comments:

  1. Great costume!! My kids had "World Book Day" last week, and they got to dress up as a book character too. Tim was Pizza Pat, which was easy because he wore an apron, and I put a silly mustache on him. And Maddie was Cinderella (easy... she already had a dress). I am jealous that you have such a cheap costume maker! That rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now not pοsitive the place уou're getting your info, but good topic. I must spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for fantastic information I used to be on the lookout for this information for my mission.

    Feel free to visit my web-site web deveopment greece

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vеrу nicе рost. Ι ѕimply stumbled
    upοn your weblog and wished to say thаt I hаѵe really enјoyed brοwsing youг blog posts.
    After all I'll be subscribing on your rss feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    Visit my web blog :: gr8g.com adventure games

    ReplyDelete