Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mr. & Mrs. Xu

Our new driver started this week and we can not be happier with our choice to let Mr. Zhong go. Mr. Xu is a careful driver, he wears his seat belt, he does not smoke, he is super nice, etc. On Monday it was raining pretty hard, when we came out of school he was standing at the gate with an umbrella waiting for us. He helps Ian get in and out of the van and best of all - he let us put a NY Yankees hat in the dashboard - so now we easily find our van!

Mrs. Xu(not related to Mr. Xu our driver - just a coincidence) has started working for me as our Ayi. Let me tell you I have not seen someone clean so much. On Monday she is in the bathroom with bare feet, her pants rolled up to her knees, straddling the toilet, and scrubbing. She got in all the bathtubs to clean them. On Tuesday when I got home, she is outside on a latter scrubbing the windows. Wow- it is hard to not feel guilty as I am sitting with Kyle and hearing her working so hard, but it is really nice to have such a clean house and not be exhausted doing it. We are giving her a try for 2 weeks then going to decide to keep her or find someone else. Monday I was convinced this Ayi thing was no good - now Wednesday I am thinking not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment