Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Trip to the Aquarium


The boys and I decided to take a little trip to the Shanghai Aquarium. Ian had already been once with his school - so he was our tour guide for the day.
Of course, whenever I tell the boys to pose for a picture I am never the only person taking their photo. So we learned a new phrase this week 
"Bu Yao"  which basically means -I do not want. So we were all 4 at the Carrefour (I am not sure what I was thinking - I don't take all 3 of them to a store in the US - why would I take them to the crazy Chinese Dollar Store?)on Monday and a toothless woman comes up to Kyle ready to grab him and I say "Bu Yao"! Well I am pretty sure I made her angry because she started basically yelling at me in Chinese, but she did not touch him! So all day at the Aquarium the kids were armed and ready with "Bu Yao", but luckily had no need for it. We almost had the whole place to ourselves. Lots of fun!





This is called a saw fish! We had to wait awhile to get this perfect shot!


There was a long moving walkway into a tunnel of fish, sharks, turtles, etc. We all thought it was really cool - except Kyle who got bored and decided to take a nap!

At the gift shop you could turn in these raffle tickets for your free pearl. So we turned in our tickets and the woman put on her rubber gloves, broke open the oysters and gave us 4 pearls.
What a great way to spend Nick's 8th and final day (thank goodness) of spring vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment