Thursday, April 2, 2009

Still searching for the American Donut

After the disappointment with the Dunkin' Donuts we have been asking around about where to find a good sweet, sticky donut. People say Mister Donut is the place to go, but Mark insisted he knew the place- Maisy's Donuts. So after sending our driver, Mr. Xu, on a wild goose chase and calling a friend and his wife (she speaks English and is many times my translator) we finally found Maisy's donuts. They looked beautiful and tasted pretty good as well. On my donut scale - I give them a 7. Keep looking.



4 comments:

  1. When I was a junior in high school, I went to Japan as an exchange student for a month. They had Mister Donut there, and oh, it was heaven!! I felt like it was a little taste of home. I remember going there as many times as I could
    The Brits don't have doughnuts, but that's okay. They have enough sweets and pastries to make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look sooo pretty. I finally sent off a little package so look for it. There is some American sweetness inside :) Miss you guys--we're officially off to CA in 2 weeks. XOXO
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look nothing like the treats you guys used to bring us at mascia! Yours looked SOOO much better. We miss you all a bunch!
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nina-
    They look better, but don't taste even close to as good as Dunkin' Donuts! We miss you too. Did you see the post with Ian signing in Chinese??

    ReplyDelete