Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday in Shanghai






The Easter Bunny was able to find us here in China. We are never sure if we will be found here, but since the tooth fairy found us we think she told her American friends...Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. When the boys mentioned it to our British neighbors that the Easter Bunny came, they said he didn't make it to their house - so we decided it must have been the American Easter Bunny - so he only hit the American families? Anyway we got baskets of goodies and had a few eggs to find. 











We decided to spend our morning participating in the Jinqiao Run towards Expo 2010. There was a 2K and an 8K race - so the whole family ran/walked the 2K and Mark ran the 8K. We all finished surprisingly well - Mark ran his 8K in 39 minutes - 350th place! Great time for him! I had Kyle in the stroller and Ian on the buggy board attached to the stroller and Mark ran with Nick, who was pretty fast and ready to run in his next competition. Fun was had by all of the fam!



We worked up a big appetite doing the walk/run, and then headed up to the Vizcaya Club for an Easter Brunch. The brunch included an omelet station, waffle station and lucky for us (and the white pants) a chocolate fountain. After the brunch they had an egg hunt for the kids around the pool - the eggs were just hard boiled brown eggs and the big prize was for the person who found the one ostrich egg (no such luck in our group- thank goodness!) Overall a pretty good Easter! Mark said one of the best! 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Pam! I am so enjoying reading your Blog, just think 3 years from now you will look back and ask where all the time went... Your attitude is commendable and what an amazing experience you are having. I would love to stay home, have a maid cook and driver and enjoy my infant. I will continue to look forward to seeing how you and your family are doing. Tell everyone I said Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tina-
    Thanks for the comment. I am doing my best to just laugh instead of getting too frustrated with life Chinese style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... I hope that the Easter bunny topic doesn't come up with my kids at school next week with their British classmates. I don't know how I'd explain that one.

    ReplyDelete