Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Home Sweet Home

The jet lag for all of us is terrible! The fireworks that are hitting the window of the hotel is not helping either. So we all headed to bed at 8pm at 10pm the fireworks started at 10:30 we were all up and ready to go. We stayed up until 4am and then back to bed for a few hours. Painful!

The relators picked us up at 9:30 to bring us to our new home. It was a little strange to see grown women in Hello Kitty sweat pants, but I assume this is pretty stylish here.  (Mom- you save everything - any Hello Kitty stuff from childhood you could send? I would fit right in if you could find a purse or something?) 

So we pull up to the guards in front of the gated community and the driver seems to argue with the guards for a while and then in we go. (Mark assures me - it always sounds like they are arguing). Our van parks next to a drive way covered by iron bars - Yikes! All the homes are enclosed by iron bars - should I be nervous? I am nervous. Inside the house - it smells funny - it feels funny- it is not home! We look around and my minds is racing - how can I make this home - do I really want to make this home? Do I have a choice? I must do my best for the children, but I really just want to come home.

1 comment:

  1. It looks pretty from the outside. I like the arch and the tile and the wooden door. . . it looks like Santa Barbara actually!

    ReplyDelete